Fire Department celebrates 50 years of serving the community!
The Lake Ainslie Volunteer Fire Department is celebrating 50 years of actively serving the community of Lake Ainslie- Upper Margaree in 2022. The Annual Firemens’ Ceilidh Days will be held in person once again from the 6th- 9th of July 2022. Mark your calendar for this important fundraising event and community celebration of 50 years of service! Thank you to the past and present Firemen & women and Auxilliary members who have contributed so much to the community over the past 50 years!! Mark your calendar for the Anniversary events (more details to follow in local media):
Firemens' Ceilidh Days 2022:
Wednesday, July 6th – Open House to celebrate 50th Anniversary – everyone welcome.
Thursday, July 7th – Pub Night - Trivia
Friday, July 8th – Movie night for kids
Saturday, July 9th – Fun & games at the Fire Hall – BBQ, games of chance, games for Kids & Annual Beer Garden with live music (afternoon).
LADA meetings are open to all & seeking volunteers
The Lake Ainslie Development Association invites all residents of Lake Ainslie and surrounding areas to attend monthly meetings and get involved in planning for local initiatives. Whether it’s putting on a Friday evening ceilidh, building and maintaining local trails, advocating for safer roads, or building a wharf in Scotsville, LADA is working to add to the quality of life in the community. We would love for LADA meetings to be more of a community forum and a way to connect, share ideas and plans, or get together to catch up with neighbours. This is an open invitation to come out and check out a meeting. Meetings are usually only one hour in length per month, and the next meeting is Monday, June 13 at 7:30pm at the Fire Hall.
Multi- Family Yard Sale at the Fire Hall
There will be a multi-family yard sale at the Fire Hall on Saturday, June 4th from 9am to noon. The indoor- outdoor sale will include gently used items, clothing, household goods, and crafts. The Fire Department will also be distributing their rain barrels from their rain barrel sale on the same day.
“The beautiful spring came, and when nature resumes her loveliness, the human soul is apt to revive also.” – Harriet Ann Jacobs
Quilting for a good cause…
The Lake Ainslie Weavers and Craft Guild is inviting quilters or people who wish to learn to quilt to take part in a quilting bee in aid of Ukraine. The Weavers Guild has set up a quilt at the Scotsville School of Crafts and plan to host a quilting bee each Saturday morning beginning Saturday, April 23rd, from 9am to 11am until the quilt is completed. Once finished, the quilt will be donated to the group: Ukrainian Relief, Nova Scotia. Anyone wishing to take part in the quilting bee is welcome to stop by and add some stitches. There is no registration required, just drop by any Saturday morning and add your stitches and your time to this worthwhile cause. For more information on this project, please phone Verna at 258- 2278 or check the group’s Facebook page: @ScotsvilleSchoolOfCrafts
Some good news & dates to keep in mind:
- June 1st is International Trails Day- why not check out one of the local trails? You can walk, hike or bike part of the 50 kilometers of Trans Canada Trail that runs through the community.
- The Sunset Funeral Co-op will hold its Annual General Meeting at the Lake Ainslie Volunteer Fire Hall on Sunday, June 5th at 2pm, everyone is welcome to attend. Tea & refreshments will be served.
- Welcome to all newcomers to the community, we hope to see you at local events!
- Congratulations to new local businesses recently opened and/or opening in the area:
- hDM Diesel Services Limited – Diesel mechanic services & retail - East Lake Ainslie
- Bear Paw Cottages – 1792 West Lake Ainslie Rd. (formerly Nowen Family Cottages)
- Kirkwood Estates – Retirement living community, East Lake Ainslie
- Jed the Fishing Guide - Jed Woodill, West Lake Ainslie
- Yellow Umbrella Crafts – 1617 West Lake Ainslie Road
If you wish to volunteer to help at any of the events listed above, please get in touch!
Email: email@example.com Website: www.lakeainslie.ca